How do you pronounce eqpd?
Are all your products made in the USA?
YES. All our goods are proudly made in Twisp, WA
What are your standard lead times?
We are usually 2 weeks out.
What's your guarantee?
My Patagonia board shorts from 1996 still serve me well, a few stitches and some serious fading hasn't made them any less useful, and though their days are numbered, they gave me a useful life and that is something I deeply respect. So when creating our own goods, we designed and built them with longevity in mind. We also understand that accidents happen, materials get tired and components wear down. So use our goods freely and enjoy their durable nature and if they do not deliver you a "Useful Life" then contact us and we will make it right. Our production team takes great pride in their craftsmanship and we choose the best possible materials to build with. If you ever need a repair or modification, one of the benefits of manufacturing locally is we have all the resources necessary to keep your eqpd gear going.
What are your bags made of?
As Industrial Designers we are trained to understand the unique characteristics of materials and use them in their most beneficial ways. Our bags represent this behavior of using materials appropriately and are currently made from:
- #2 HDPE Recyclable plastic - used to add structure and form to Last Bag/Tote handles and in the folding base of the Utility bag.
- #3 18 oz, Vinyl Coated Polyester Fabric, Solid and Mesh - Known for its durability in harsh conditions, most commonly used for whitewater rafts and truck tarps. We choose to use new, certified materials as to manufacture most efficiently and to confidently offer you our best, Reasonable Life Guarantee. As much as we appreciate "up-cycling", the unpredictable nature of those materials challenged us to make consistent, reliable and cost sensitive products.
- Polyester Felt - Naturally mold and mildew resistant, bleach safe. Most often used as "fabric pots" or as a fabric backer to reduce wear/friction. The industrial characteristics of this material is used in 2 applications: the "soft" version as a Last Bag and the "stiff" version as a base in various Totes, Leather Last Bags and Zip-tops.
- Leather - Vegetable tanned Latigo for straps/handles on Totes and Utility Bag, Oil-Stoned for the body of our Last Bags Leather Series.
- Nylon - we use a Bonded Nylon, tec 70 thread known for it's smooth sew characteristics and proven outdoor longevity.
- Brass/Steel - We use black-oxidized finished rivets, snaps and washers so they will never rust/streak your bag and assemble perfect every time.
Our #2, #3 and Polyester Felt all can be cleaned with soap and water, citrus cleaner, standard household cleaners and is bleach safe. The exposed seams and raw edges are characteristic of eqpd product. If those edges start to "show hairs", no worries, just trim those thin, white fibers with sharp scissors. NOTE: Pulling those fibers doesn't work, they do not rip easily, if at all.
Do you wholesale?
Yes, we adore great main streets and supporting local. Wholesaling is one way to support those places and businesses. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you offer volume discounts?
Yes, please email us at email@example.com with your needs. Volumes usually start around 25 items.
Do you ship international?
Yes – we can quote you via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Currently, our website cannot process those orders.
Can I get bags personalized with logo’s, businesses and the such?
Yes, we offer a Partners Program where we permanently stamp a partner's logo on the exterior and their mission statement on the inside. Please see our Partners Page for more info.
What's "Fix your gear night?"
In our efforts to keep things out of the landfill and keep products alive, you can visit us the first Thursday of each month for "fix your gear night" 4-7pm. Our free event is open to anyone who needs a quick stitch, rivet, buckle, webbing . . . a repair that would take 15 minutes or less. Tents and zippers are tricky and usually take much longer to repair, but our team fixes those things on the side and would be happy to help. Contact them at Methowrepairs@gmail.com.